Friday, September 17, 2010

Can I connect a freeview box to a monitor? (NoPC)?

The monitor have a SCART socket.


Answer:

If the monitor has a SCART socket, almost to be sure :-) there are a couple of different flavours of SCART, though, so if you haven't however bought the monitor it'd be worth checking with the manufacturer/retailer since you do.



If, by the way, you want to connect a freeview box to a monitor WITHOUT scart (ie an routine VGA monitor), you would need a video scaler box - try http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?modu...
No injure in trying!? possibly you have a monitor/television, ive see them before 'multipurpose i believe'!



Best item to do is try it.
I am not sure, but I think you inevitability a TV card in your computer since you can try. The TV cards are cheaper enough to buy. Then try it. If it works, consequently I might do mine through my computer.
Have a look here for info.: http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeviewh... After all, the above ground lead carry the signal to the freeview box, that then sends the signal to the TV (or your monitor?) via a SCART head. Though my freeview box is connected to a normal TV, I sometimes survey TV on my PC's monitor by using an internal TV capture card. So while I assume it can be done, I'm not reasonably certain. Try it and see, buy a TV if it don't work.
you sure can,but you wont be viewing much

No comments:

Post a Comment