Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can I use a DVI cable beside my clean Dell 2007WFP 20.1" flat panel monitor & my Dell PC DIM 3000, P4?

My Dell PC is in the order of a year and a half hoary. My new monitor have both VGA and DVI cables. I am in a minute using it with a VGA cable because my PC doesn't own a DVI connector. Can I use a DVI cable if I get a DVI-VGA adapter? The DVI cable that come with the monitor is DVI-D Single Link. Is a special card required?


Answer:

ok. so your monitor have a DVI input but your graphics card doesn't. if you get an adapter for the card, you wont take the DVI quality. if you buy a trial card with a DVI output, consequently it will work no problem. just front the $100-400 for a trial card and youll be set. my advice: if you do alot of gaming, obtain the best card you can afford. nVidia cards are superior to anyhting else on the market. try www.tigerdirect.com. they hold pretty low prices on everything electronic.
Unless you add a video card near a dvi port, you are wasting your time. Your computer will only put out a d-sub (standard vga) signal. Actually, you would probably be hinder the signal by making it jump through the extra conversion process.
You should enjoy no problems using an adaptor and a special card shouldn't be required. Are you using onboard video or a dedicated graphics solution? If you are using onboard if you hold an AGP slot you could get a card from $50-$100 that would dispense you a significant boost in behaviour if your a gamer as well as enhance your picture. The colors will be more vibrant and you take a better picture with DVI. If your not a gamer your system will be a bit faster as it will stop allocating your system RAM for your video becuase it will enjoy dedicated RAM.



Hope that answers your press.
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment